Monday, July 09, 2007

Getting into the Word...

Pastor Cere was on vacation and our church had a guest speaker yesterday. He made many good points which I will highlight in my next few posts. He gave us many scripture references and spoke very candidly about hindrances to believer's walks of faith...

Here is a scripture that had personal significance to me...

James 1:22... Be doers of the word, NOT hearers.

I think I've been a HEARER of the word more than a DOER... -But that's about to change... (immediately!)

The speaker listed three hindrances, three things that 'mess us up' our Christian Walk...

#1 Hindrance... IGNORANCE -Referring to those who don't even take time to crack open their bible. They (I) literally don't know what they're (I'm) missing....

#2 Hindrance... DISTRACTION / BUSYNESS -This is me. I've openly been discussing my 'busyness' for years... Wasting precious time is one of my greatest transgressions.

#3 Hindrance... OUTRIGHT REBELLION -Some Christians know exactly what they need to be doing but they flee the Lord and their responsibilities...


Honestly, to some degree I've got all three of the hindrances listed. So what can I do...?

REPENT... No more stealing God's time and resources.

RENEW... My commitment to follow Jesus.

REVIEW... Go over scriptures. Study the WORD.

RESTORE... Jesus as the Lord of my Life.


Dear Heavenly Father,

Today I choose to follow You completely. Lord I leave everything at the foot of Your cross this morning. I don't want to live life the way I've been living it previously. Show me areas I need to change, Lord. I don't want to be ignorant of You. I don't want to be distracted and so busy all the time. I don't want to live in Rebellion.

Father God, I am completely open to Your leading. I want every aspect of my life to be pleasing to You and bring glory and honor to Your name.

Lord I have been so unworthy. -And I am so remorseful for having offended Thee. Lord I firmly resolve with the help of your Grace to sin no more and to avoid the near occasion of sin...

Lord You have called me to be many things but I've been running away from my responsibilities. -I'm taking a stand TODAY. No more running.

I WILL be the Godly Husband and Daddy that You have called me to be.

I WILL face these GIANTS.

Lord, I WILL Follow You.

This morning Lord I pray special blessings on my sweet wife Monica who is doing her best to hold this family together. Lord, thank You for Monica. I would be in BIG trouble without her. Lord I lift up Connor and Elijah this morning, too. Bless their sleep right this very moment. Bless their day, Father.

My Lord and Savior Jesus: I re-dedicate my life to YOU this morning. Thank You, Lord for saving a wretch like me...! Lord I am no longer operating under my own power, but Yours. You get the Glory for today, Lord. I am nothing. YOU are EVERYTHING. Lord, I lift up your name on high.

THANK YOU KING JESUS...!

I love YOU, Lord. And I pray these things in your precious holy name, AMEN!


No comments: