Thursday, July 19, 2007

God's Answer...

Wow... If you read my post from yesterday morning you can probably discern that I am struggling a bit in my spiritual walk. But praise the Lord I was lifted up by the message I heard at church last night...

Yes, God responded quickly. You see, last night's Truth Project topic was about 'Labor'. -And it was just what I needed to hear.

We were reminded several things in last night's message:

  • God was the original worker.
  • God worked for six days and he rested on the seventh.
  • God owns everything and freely gives us his stuff to work with.
  • Skill and the ability to work come from God.
  • Work should be done only for God's Glory.
  • Work is a divine blessing.

So, here's what I'm going to do...

  • I'm going to work a sane schedule, leaving time for family and church.
  • I'm truly going to give everything I do to God.
  • I'm going to be faithful to God in all areas of my life
  • I'm NOT going to be discouraged.
  • I'm going to be patient and listen for that still small voice at all times.

Now, God hasn't given me EVERY answer. How I will handle what may or may not happen in the future is a matter of faith. But God definitely spoke to me enough in last night's message that I am encouraged to carry on.

And it's interesting to note that as soon as I felt a peace about the labor issue that Satan immediately began to attack me on another front...-my relationship with other family members.

My wife and I discussed it at great length last night. There does seem to be an incredible spiritual warfare going on right now in our lives. But we are going to stand strong against the Evil One. I wasn't much of an encouragement to my dear wife last night, but a good night's sleep and quiet time with the Lord has set me straight.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord I'm not going to try to compose a long flowing prayer this morning. I just want to say that I love you. I need you. I'm sorry for my bad attitude. I'm seeking You, Lord. I'm truly trusting in You. I'm grateful for what I have and I freely give it all back to you, my King.

Lord I ask blessings on me today and I ask that I be a blessing to others.

I pray these things in the power of the name of my Blessed King Jesus, my Lord and Savior Who reigns down now forever and ever, Amen.

1 comment:

Judy Ohlemacher said...

Sam, your plan sounds like a good one to me. It made me think of a line from an old hymn..."His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me." The fact that you put first in your goals list family needs is right on. When that comes first, everything else falls in its proper place. When you get discouraged, remind yourself that God has never left you homeless and without food. You are truly blessed.
Grandma Judy