Friday, July 20, 2007

Thank God It's Friday...

While I try to recognize the Lord's Blessings at all times, I've tried to make it a routine to set aside specific time every Friday to reflect on how God is at work in my life. I don't want for one second to take for granted all that God has done for me, and what HE continues to do on a daily basis. God answers prayer. And this journal is about prayer. It's good for my own reflection because as I get older my memory is just not what it used to be.

But most importantly, this journal gives glory and honor to THE ONE who is most deserving of all my thanks and praise... JESUS CHRIST....!

My family has been struggling specifically in the area of finances lately, but while the weather has not been very conducive to my daily earnings for some time now, I have made good use of my time off the tennis court 'getting better organized'. And I've just recently come to the realization that while I profess 'faith'. I'm not living that faith because I am spending too much time 'working' and in the pursuit of money.

Due to the nature of my work, when we need more money I just try to work harder, and work more hours in an effort to keep the finances flowing. When the money comes in, I say that God is blessing me. But I've been deceived. I realize now that I've really been trying to accomplish my goals under my own power. I'm not really giving God a chance to help me.

So as I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm not going to work around the clock any more. I'm operating under set hours and will give 100% of myself to that time, then the rest of that tme belongs to my family and my Lord. What ever I can't get done or can't earn during my appointed work hours, God will make up for me. Yes, I'm taking God on as a partner in my business.

God owns everything ayway. He's just loaning his stuff to me for awhile. -That's what I was reminded about this past Wednesday at church...! (Thank You, Truth Project...!)

Good is Good, He is drawing us close right now. We are standing on the promise that he will supply our needs. And at a time when we really can not predict what will happen next, we are standing strong in faith...!

I am very grateful for Life Church that spiritually nourishes and encourages my family. I am very grateful for my dear sweet wife who stands beside me and loves me so perfectly. She is truly a special blessing. I have also been greatly blessed by Elijah and Connor's presence in my life. Elijah enables me to see the world through a child's eyes. And Connor shows me many things about myself that I need to work on. And while that can be very concerning at times, it is a blessing, none the less.

Having a sweet, beautiful family is enough in itself to give me hope, but Praise the Lord, I have eternal security and life everlasting because Jesus died for my sins and I have accepted Him as my personal Lord and Savior... And as a child of God I know I am covered and protected by many, many promises.

God Loves Me. He is stretching and growing Me right now. God has big plans for my family. And we are standing on God's promise to work all things for good and that He will meet all our needs.
Life is hard, but God is Good. Blessed be the name of the Lord...!


Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank You Lord for blessing me abundantly. Thank You for never once failing to meet my needs and the needs of my family. You are an awesome God. You are powerful and mighty. You are able to restore and redeem us. -And you do that daily. I love You Lord, I trust You. I will follow You no matter what the cost.

Praise You, Jesus. I pray these things in Your precious, holy name, Amen...!

No comments: