Monday, August 20, 2007

Family: The First and Primary Mission Field!

The family unit is the key to changing our culture and our world.

Strong, Godly families can have a tremendous impact on this world. Satan knows that and has been attacking the family unit since Adam and Eve first stated their own family.

I had the privilege of attending a home school conference this past weekend and was encouraged by the number of Godly, Christian families and businesses I came in contact with. It gave me a bit of hope to know that there are so many others who stand in the Gap for what is Good and Right.

I know that God is ultimately in control of everything. But He has called His People to stand out and be different. We are to be in this world but not of it. And because of what we know, we are to be used by Him to impact those around us. We are called to make Disciples of all men. That means EVERYBODY, not just the male gender. And we're supposed to begin with our local community and work outward.

For me, it starts with my own family. This is my FIRST and PRIMARY Mission Field. God is not going to allow and enable me to impact the rest of the world if I can't take care of business at home, first.

So I continue my prayer theme from yesterday. My Family is still under attack. And I imagine many other families are also under attack. I stand in the Gap for them as well today.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Again I come to You Lord just asking what can I do for You...? Sadly I do have some burdens to give You. And If some of these burdens seem familiar it's because they are. Why have I taken them back on again...? I don't know, but I praise You that I do really think I'm starting to catch on as to what my role and purpose in life is. Forgive me for being so dense, Lord. Father, I do want to do Your will. I want to make the most of the opportunities You have given me. Thank You for my family, Lord. They are such a blessing, and I lift them up to You.

I stand in the gap for my wife and Connor and Elijah this morning. I stand in the gap for other parents and their families as well.

I praise You God for being bigger than my problems and the problems of this world.

I trust You Lord, I ask You to guide my steps and continue to lead me. Father God I love you. I want to live a life that is pleasing to you. I want to be a difference maker in this world. I praise You Lord for opening my eyes. I give today to You Lord.

And I pray these things in Jesus Name, Amen.



No comments: