Sunday, August 19, 2007

Sunday... The Lord's Day..!

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord God today is the one day of the week we set aside especially for You. We get up early and prepare for a morning of instruction, praise and worship in Your Presence. We are supposed to rest today. We are supposed to make today all about family. That is Your Will for Sunday.

Father God, I want to honor You in that way. But before that can happen for me I have to make a public confession: I'm struggling with a heart condition. I am under spiritual attack, Lord. And I know I can't win this battle without intercession. Thank You Lord, that I'm not completely alone. I know my wife is right there in the spiritual trenches praying for me. And there's probably many others behind the scenes whom I don't even know about praying for me too. (Thank You for them as well...)

Lord, Satan is trying to render me ineffective for the Kingdom. He is doing his best to discourage me. Help me, Lord. Change my heart. Lord, You blessed me with abundant patience. You made me to be a great encourager. Help me to be more patient and more encouraging to the one person in my life that needs it the most.

Father God, I recognize a divine appointment in my life that I am failing to minister to.

I keep thinking about the story of the Shepherd who left the ninety-nine sheep to go after the one who was lost. The funny thing is that sometimes I think of myself as the shepherd and sometimes I think of myself as the one...

Yesterday I was probably the 'one'. Help me to be the 'Shepherd' today.

So there it is, Lord. You are already quite familiar with this situation , but I wrote it out just so I could see it more clearly.

The problem is definitely my own heart. Not someone else, or their behavior. . I'm praying for a change of heart, Lord. Can I have a heart transplant this morning...? Soften my heart, Lord. Let the evidence of that come through clearly in my words and actions today.

Lord You have blessed me so abundantly in so many areas and I am truly grateful. But Lord, what I am asking for this morning is the most important blessing I have ever asked for. Change my heart, Lord. Put it in the right condition where I can be used by You fully to make the greatest impact in the lives of those around me.

Father God I thank You and Praise You right now because I know You will grant this blessing. Honestly, I do already feel a little better now than when I began composing this prayer about forty minutes ago. I can tell You're already at work on this.

Lord, I know You can and will honor this request. You can do all things. And I know this is Your will for my life. All the other little little struggles I face are insignificant compared to the topic we're discussing this morning. This is one of those 'Giants'. I'm facing a 'Goliath' this morning. But You will arm me with my slingshot and small smooth stones.

God, You're an Awesome God, And I love you. I give today up to You. I give every moment for Your Glory. Thank You for answering this prayer, Lord. Great is your Mercy. Great is Your Glory, My King.

In Jesus' Name I Pray, Amen.

No comments: