Saturday, August 18, 2007

Maybe I'm Finally Starting To Get It...

Yesterday I was on the road quite a bit. I drove to League City for a home school camp, then to Alvin for a private lesson. Then I went south to Galveston to pick up some t shorts for a tennis tournament, then to Bay Area Racquet Club to drop off t shirts, then finally back home. I put nearly 200 miles on the car. During that time I listened to many sermons on christian radio.

One particular sermon really hit home me. I can't remember who delivered the sermon but I definitely remember the message. The topic was prayer and what we should be praying about (and what we should pray for...)

When I examine my own prayer life I realize that I slip into this routine of praying for my own needs and desires far too much... Prayer SHOULD NOT be about me, but God. I should be asking God 'what can I do for HIM, instead of What can He do for me'...

The bible tells us to seek His Kingdom FIRST, and then all the other things shall be added on afterwards. The bible also tells us not to worry, that God is in control. He already takes care of the birds of the air and the lillie's of the field and he will definitely take care of His People.

I think if I really make my focus more on God than myself I'll be a lot better off... I hear the words of Dr Charles Stanley echoing in my mind right now: 'Trust God for Everything and leave all the consequences to Him...!'

Dear Lord My God,

Forgive me Father for being so focused on my own needs much of the time. I recognize that if I only focus on You then You will not only provide my needs but You will give me the desires of my heart. Who knows, You might even exceed my expectations....

But that's what I want to do for You my King.

I want to exceed YOUR expectations.

So here it is... What can I do for You Lord...? That's all I really want to know.... That's the only enlightening I need this morning. Show me how I can minister and serve those right here in my own household and community. Isn't my mission field right here...?

Lord my prayer today is about YOU. I love You and want to serve You. Oh I have needs, but I don't need to mention them in this forum because You know what they are....

Father God thank You for the recent encouragement I received from other believers who read my blogs. Thank You for blessing me so abundantly. I am extremely grateful to be able to sit on a comfortable couch in an air conditioned house with my laptop and compose this prayer. I am grateful for the technology to post this blog on the Internet.

Lord I do want to intercede on behalf of some other special needs this morning. And I know You are already aware of these situations but just know that they are on my heart as well....

I lift up Luis who recently posted on our church blog. I lift up the Librarian with Chrohn's disease. I lift up the families of the mine workers in Utah. Lord I ask special blessings on those mentioned.

Lord I also lift up all the participants and staff for the Gran Prix Tournament at Bay Area Racquet Club this weekend. I pray for good weather and that Coach Mike and Jamie have no problems what so ever to deal with.

Lord I have lessons this morning. I pray that I give excellent lessons. Help me to be a witness for the Kingdom in my interaction with others today.

Jesus, I give this day to You. It's all about You, My King. For Your Glory and Your Praise...!

And I pray these things in Your Precious Holy Name, Amen.

No comments: