Friday, August 17, 2007

Thanking God For Friday

We've made it to another weekend. Oh how the days seem to fly by now....! And there's a kind of built in sense of urgency within me to be about God's work and HIS purpose for my life.

I regularly set aside Fridays to give thanks and praise to the Lord for all HE has done in my life. In case there is any hint of pride within me over any accomplishment from the previous week, I completely blot that out realizing every thing I have, every breath I take, is a gift from God and I want to set my heart straight and give credit where credit is due.


Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord God, Thank You for this past week. Your Glory was revealed in the completion of Connor's room. Your power and might was evident in the tremendous storm we had yesterday.

Thank You Lord for always being in control. Thank You for being mindful of everyone and every circumstance, all the time. Thank You for the presence of Connor and Elijah in my life. Oh Lord thank You for my precious Monica. Father God thank You for my sister Becky and my brothers Stan and John. Thank You for Judy and Arno, and all of our extended family.

Lord I KNOW I have a good life. Oh there are some bumps in the road. There a few challenges here and there, but I'm not going to get myself all wrapped up in the small things of life. You are aware of all those 'details' and You will supply all my needs.

Father God I Praise and Worship You this morning. I ask only that You help me to be strong in You. Help me to be faithful and obedient.

I wish my life to be a living sacrifice for You, Lord. I love You my King and I give this day to You. Lord I pray these things in Jesus name, Amen,

No comments: