Friday, August 10, 2007

Giving Thanks

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord I grow more in awe of You with each and every passing day. You are such an awesome God. I become more and more aware of Your power and might with every breath I take. I simply can not imagine someone denying Your existence. How can anyone say there is no God when all of creation declares Your Majesty..? How can anyone be shrouded in so much darkness to deny You...? It's because the enemy is cunning and deceptive. The enemy wants to steal, kill, and destroy us. The enemy wants to take the souls of men for everlasting torment.

Praise You Father I am Your Child and a co-heir of Your riches and treasures in heaven.

Father God, I thank You for my life. I thank You for my precious family. I thank You Father for the clear direction of my calling and the calling of all Your children who claim You as their Lord and Savior. You have called us to the ultimate rescue operation. You have called us to snatch souls from the fire. Our mission is the Great Commission: To go out into the world and make disciples of all men...!

Lord I realize now more than ever that you really aren't that concerned with where I teach tennis, or even if I teach tennis at all for that matter. You just want me to be faithful interacting in other people's lives encouraging them to a personal relationship with You. I can clearly see how You are preparing my way. You are leading me. LORD YOU ARE IN CONTROL...!

Father God Thank You Lord for being the Great Big God that You are. I can't thank you enough for my precious wife and family. Oh what a joy and blessing they are, Lord!

I thank You also Father for giving me a peace about our families' financial situation. Although the numbers still do not 'add up' I can see a steady progression in the right direction and I know that You will be faithful to meet all our needs. Father God I pray for You to enable Monica and I to be good stewards of the resources You have blessed us with to date and to just help us stand strong in You.

You are our strength, oh King! You are our Rock. What a firm foundation we have in You. We can weather any storm in Your shelter and protection.

Father God I love You. I give this day to You, Lord. Help me to honor You. Help me to fulfil Your mission for my life. Lord I pray these things in Jesus' name, Amen!

No comments: