Thursday, August 09, 2007

Mark 11:24 Faith and Prayer

Dr Stanley's Early Light Devotional this morning was very compelling. His focus was Mark 11:24. I have to say that once again the message is very timely for my situation. I did a 'faith check up' this morning. -And my faith is hanging in there. Oh it gets tested and I get a little shaky at times, but a several things help me to 'carry on".

The first and foremost thing that keeps me going is.... Getting in the WORD. It's awesome to read a passage like Mark 11:24 and know that throughout the course of history that other people, (many others) have faced and questioned issues of their faith. The bible addresses pretty much every issue every person has ever faced in life. Some verses and passages are more difficult to understand than others, that's agreed. However, that's where prayer to the Holy Spirit Kicks in....

The next thing that keeps me going and helps me carry on is PRAYER. Prayer sustains me. That's one reason I try to be diligent in this prayer journal. My morning prayer time focuses and settles me. Certainly I am offering up prayers of praise, worship, and petition all day long, throughout the day, but it is this early morning devotional from which I draw the greatest strength for my day.

Of course, I am blessed to have great encouragers in my life...! When ever my faith has been tested the Lord has always sent 'saints and angels' to minister to and encourage me. There's nothing more encouraging than having someone pray for You, or pray over You. One of the greatest encouragers in my life has been my dear sweet wife! My wife and I take turns lifting each other up. We are perfect for each other. Praise the Lord...! He has done marvelous things for us!

Yes, numerous, countless situations in our lives have been circumvented by God. He has intervened, many times at the last possible moment to save our day. It would be crazy to not trust in Him completely. Yet can I say that I have the faith that can move a mountain...?

Sadly, No. But by God's Grace I will get there. He's definitely not finished with me, yet!

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord I love You. I NEED YOU. I can't function and don't want to function without you, my King. Thank You Lord, for being a Great Big God who hears and sees all. Thank You for being a God who listens to and answers prayer. But Lord You did say that there were some restrictions upon Your answering prayer. It depends upon the condition of one's heart.

Help my heart, Lord.

Father God, I have a special request for a friend of mine who's having struggles in his life right now. You know who I'm writing about Lord. He's seeking, He's searching. I lift him and his situation up to You. Bless him Father, send him the answers to the questions he asks. And Lord of course I have special circumstances in my own life that I need Your intervention with, too.

Honestly I've made a mess of some things in my life. Lord I take responsibility for my actions and from this point on I just want live a life that is totally, 100% within Your Will. Lord I give it to You. And I DO BELIEVE that You will get me through this crises I'm facing. And I DO BELIEVE You will help my friend.

Thank You Lord! Thank You my sweet, gracious, heavenly father...! I love You, Lord and I give this day to You. I pray these things in Jesus' Name, Amen...!

No comments: