Saturday, August 11, 2007

Influencers

I have been reflecting recently about men and women who have greatly influenced my life. Dr Charles Stanley was the first major influencer I profiled. No one has done more for my Christian walk than Dr Stanley. I was browsing his website early this morning. He will turn 75 years old and will be celebrating 50 years in te ministry this September. -Wow, what a life...! He's been influencing people for Christ longer than I've been alive....!

I hope God has in store for me to influence others for another 50 years...!

Today I'm reflecting upon some of the first men who ever encouraged me to try my hardest and to do my best... They were my little league baseball coaches Vic Skrabanek, and Johnny Miller. I don't remember too many specific details, but I do remember how positive and encouraging they were. And I remember they were Godly men. I remember getting in a huddle and praying together with the team before, after and even during the games!

To be continued...

Dear Heavenly Father, Thank You Lord for placing G0dly men in my path as a boy and a young man. The memory of the faithfulness they showed continues to impact me some 30 years later... Lord help me to be a Godly influence like those men. Help me to sow seeds of life.

Father God I need Your strength today. I am feeling tired and weak this morning. But I love You Lord and give this day to You. I know You will lift me up Lord. Thank you my King. I pray t=these things in Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: