Monday, August 13, 2007

In Awe of an Awesome God....

It's times like right now that I am humbled to the point of near speechlessness. It is such an incredible experience to communicate with God, to go to HIM in prayer and know that HE hears and will answer.

1Ch 5:20 says: ...And when they prevailed over them, the Hagrites and all who were with them were given into their hands, for they cried out to God in the battle, and HE granted their urgent plea because they trusted in HIM.

First Chronicles 5:20 was the Life Lesson feature verse on Dr Charles Stanley's website this morning. I have heard the recurring theme lately about trusting in God and it's interesting how Dr Stanley always seems to bring things into proper perspective for me. In distress, God expects we should cry to Him. In our spiritual conflicts, we must look up to heaven for strength; and it is the believing prayer that will be the prevailing prayer. -Matthew Henry's study notes.

I'm in distress right now. But PRAISE HIM...!

I do Trust in God.

There is no God like My God, My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ...!

It doesn't matter what life issue I'm facing (or you're facing), God is bigger than anything and EVERYTHING we will ever encounter.

I observe God's Glory with every moment spent with my precious little boy, Elijah. I see the Marvelous Wonder of God in the love my dear sweet wife has for the boys and myself. I sense the awesome presence of God all around me in the beauty of nature, His Creation.

And Praise You Lord, You are a God who Saves, Redeems, and Restores us...!

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord I Trust in You. I know that You are fully aware of the fact that we need a contractor to come through for us this morning for the home improvement project we are eager to complete before Connor comes home this afternoon.

Lord You are fully aware of our financial situation. I have no idea how that will all work out, but I will be faithful and honest with my finances and I trust that You WILL take care of Your People.

Father God I pray and TRUST that You will bless my relationship with Connor. I lift Him up as he travels across country a good portion of the day today. Lord I especially lift up my wife today as she works dilgently preparing Connor's homecoming.

And Lord I Thank and Praise You for the work You're about in me. I feel like a completely different man than I was one month ago. I love You Lord. I TRUST YOU. And I pray these things in Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: