Friday, August 03, 2007

James 1:2

Hmmm... Today is going to be a good day. I started off my morning laying in bed praying about the day and what I was going to write about and focus on in my prayer journal. When I walked into my office this morning, I found a bible open on my desk with scripture underlined.

Consider it all joy, my brethern, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of Your faith produces endurance. James 1:2

No doubt my wife was doing a study recently and this is where she left off...

A Pastor told us once that whenever we faced severe trials it meant that either we have unconfessed sin in our lives, or we were probably about to make a big impact for the God's Kingdom. I pray this morning that God is sharpening us for a big impact.

It being Friday, this is my special day set aside to give thanks and praise for God's blessings. I am in awe of the blessing of the the WORD OF GOD. The bible is THE TRUTH. It has an answer for every life situation that could ever happen. All we have to do is read it. -All Sam Chadwell has to do is read it...!

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord I love You. I give You thanks and praise this morning. I thank You especially for Your Word. Help me to hide Your Word in my heart. Help me to live in obedience to Your Word.

Thank You Dear Lord for the trials that mold, shape, sharpen, and give me direction. Honestly Lord, if I wasn't facing adversity, I might not be so focused on You. But You do have my attention. You have Monica's attention.

We are listening for Your still small voice. We are watching for signs. We do count these trials as blessings. And Lord if I still have any unconfessed sin in my heart show me. I want only to live a life that is pleasing to You. I want my every action and my every thought to give glory to You.

I know for that to happen I have to be a vessel worthy of your using. So keep refining me, Lord. What ever happens I will praise You.

Bless me Lord. Sanctify me. Prepare me for service to you. I love You. I thank You for my precious family. I ask that You continue to bless them, Lord. And Father I pray these things in Jesus' Name, AMEN.


No comments: