Thursday, August 02, 2007

The Truth Project

The Church Monica and I have been attending has been doing a study of Focus on the Family's Truth Project. Last night our church family met for dinner and then discussed how the Truth Project has impacted each of our lives.

Cere and Sonny (our Pastors) moderated the discussion, answered questions, and provided insight of their own. Here are some bullets of information from my personal study notes last night...

Quick Summary of The Truth Project:
  • The Truth Project is a 13 week study of world views
  • What is a definition of Truth? Where does Truth come from? -The Word of God.
  • It is the hope of the Truth Project designers that upon completion of the series that What God says is EVIL, -WE see as EVIL!
  • There are no 'mere mortals' out there. Everyone is either an eternal splendor or an eternal horror.

Quotes and Paraphrases from Cere and Sonny:

  • There is no strength left in mere religion, too many Christians have been 'on a cruise ship' and have not been living effective lives for the Kingdom.
  • Don't get caught in the Tunnel of the Funnel...!
  • Until You're broken You're not useful for the Kingdom...!
  • Speak the TRUTH in Love with a heart of compassion and with a genuine care and concern.
  • Never be in a hurry for the harvest. Leave that up to God.
  • Never compromise the truth.
  • Christians are the Infuencers: The Ambassadors of God!
  • Use the measuring rod of God's still small voice in our hearts.
  • We should not hold on to ANY THING of this world.
  • We need to be about our Father's Business: -Get our mind off the junk... -Get our eyes off the world... -It's time for the Harvest.... -We need to literally snatch the lost from the fire...!

What Are We Believers Called to Do...?

  • WE MUST bear the fruit of WHO we belong to..!
  • WE MUST leave behind a legacy for the generations who come after us.
  • WE MUST show Truth and reality in our lives. Modeling is more important than anything else.
  • WE MUST offer HOPE (a little ray of light) to the Hopeless.
  • WE MUST BE AVAILABLE to let the Holy Spirit do the work.

Heavenly Father,

Thank You Lord for the Truth Project. Thank You for leading us to a church that is truly passionate about equipping itself to minister to the the lost and to each other. Thank You for church leaders like Cere and Sonny and the many others behind the scenes who make church happen and who motivate, encourage and inspire us daily. What a tremendous work You are accomplishing in this body of believers...!

Lord in my own personal life I thank You for what all is going on with Monica and I. I feel a little bit like Abraham right now. I sense 'A Call' on this family. We have no idea WHERE or WHAT this call is but we are ready to go where ever You want us and we are ready to do what ever it is You want us to do.

We (I) am being broken right now. Every day I see more and more how I have not been fully surrendered to You, Lord. What will the consequences of that action be? I don't know. But I'm ready to live a different life. I AM living a different life now, Father.

This family is totally, 100% focused on You, Lord. We do want to be Truth and Light to those around us.

Father, I pray a hedge of protection around my family this morning. The enemy is lurking near by. He only wants to steal, kill, and destroy us. I pray blessings on this family, Lord. Hold us up. Lift us up. Guide and protect us, my King.

I love You Lord and my old self dies to You today. Father, I pray these things in Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: