Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Our Lord Reigns, He Is In Control...

1 Corinthians 13:12 is the scripture verse in Dr Stanley's Devotional this morning. Once again this devotional hits 'home' with me. I read several different versions of the scripture verse but the one that made that verse most clear to me is THE MESSAGE, translated by Eugene Peterson. It's very interesting how different versions of the bible can illuminate certain scripture. In case you didn't click the link or aren't familiar with that scripture it basically says that we can't always see the big picture of events and circumstances in our lives. But one day we will have perfect knowledge. We will come face to face with God and it will all make sense.

Coach Sam's Translation: Sometimes life just doesn't make sense... But hang in there, the journey can be long, arduous, and often perilous. But the ultimate destination is worth the trip...!

Today's message is to be encouraged in the midst of adversity. God uses difficult circumstances to conform us to his image. And we know from Romans 8:28 that God works all things for Good to those who Love Him.

One thing is for sure: I Love God. And another thing is for sure: My family and I are facing difficult circumstances and struggles right now. And we have never been more attuned to what God's will for our lives is until this very moment.. But we do firmly believe God is in control. And we cling fast to the promise of Romans 8:28.

I hope that I get an opportunity to witness to my friends and relatives about God's will and the perfect plan HE has for their lives. I know many who have lost faith and hope in God because of natural disasters that have taken scores of innocent lives, and the general depravity of man and the way mankind treats one another. Today's message is about HOPE. God DOES Reign. He IS in control...!

Dear Heavenly Father, Thank You Lord for giving me just what I need right when I need it. You are never too soon or too late. You are just right. Father God, I was very encouraged by the reminder that seemingly bad circumstances often have a silver lining. Lord You Know me and my circumstances. You know that I am clinging tightly to you as a drowning man clings to a life preserver.

I love You Lord and I know that You will deliver me from this adversity. And it will be a GREAT TESTAMENT of Your GLORY. -You DO work all things for Good. Thank You for Your Goodness. Thank You for Your Saving Grace. Oh Lord, I am amazed at Your Wondrous, Marvelous, MERCY.

You are an Awesome God. I live For YOU. I give today to YOU. Every thing I do today is in Your Name, For Your Glory. And I pray these things in Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: