Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Phillipians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ...

Oh what a familiar verse... It's a verse we all should claim every day. It could change a life.

I was on Dr Stanley's website reading a life principles notes segment earlier this morning and one of the piercing questions he asked was Are You on thin ice with God...?

My answer to that question is Not Any More... -But very recently I was....!

He went on to explain about God's Patience and Love and Kindness. If God was not patient then he would have destroyed this world a long time ago. He said that many Christians have been living their lives the same way for many years, never changing, never growing.

That was me. I was stuck in a spiritual rut for many years. I was operating under my own power and not doing things through Christ. I can't point the catalyst of my recent change of heart to one specific event, but rather to a combination of many circumstances that have ultimately brought me to me knees before the Lord.

I used to try to be strong. But it was all me. Now I'm happy to be weak. Because I know that in my weakness HE will make me strong.

I'm going to claim Philippians 4:13 every morning from now on. I'm going to remind myself that my life is not my own. Life is not about ME. It's about GOD.

And Me...? Well I'm still a frail work in progress. Just last night Monica and I were having a meeting regarding our personal finances. She had made a list of all our bills remaining this month and gave me the grand total. Honestly, my very first thought was it will be difficult, but I do think I can earn that much. Then I immediately caught myself.

No, I can't do that, I decided.

But The Lord and I should definitely be able to pull that off...! The old self would have dove right in head first and might have possibly accomplished the goal but would have just about killed himself during the process. -THE NEW SELF walks close with God as a partner and leans on HIM. Praise the Lord I am never alone.

In Christ I can do all things who strengthens me...!

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord thank You that when I am weak you make me strong. Lord I can not do anything under my own power, but through You I can do anything...! Praise You Lord!

Father God, I do thank You for illuminating that promise to me. And I claim it this morning, Lord. I need You more than I ever have today.

By Your Grace I will accomplish all my tasks today and more..! And Lord I am open to You. I am Wide Open to anything You have in store for me today. What is Your will for me today my King...? I can do anything for You and through YOU.

Father I intercede this morning for Margaret. I intercede for the family and friends of the trapped mine workers and rescuers. Lord I stand in the gap today for the my family, The American Family, and families all over the world, Lord.

Oh, if every family would learn the Eternal Truth of Philippians 4:13, this would be such a different world. We would train up a generation of difference makers.

Lord I love You and give this day You. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

No comments: