Sunday, August 05, 2007

Sunday Morning Blogging

I'm up early this morning. I didn't sleep well last night. I'm not exactly sure what made me so restless. It was probably a combination of things.

Yesterday Monica and I watched Dr Stanley's weekend service on television. It was excellent as always. Dr Stanley spoke about how to handle struggles in life. It was a very timely and appropriate sermon for me. I know God is stretching me, molding me, conforming me, and drawing me close right now. God has my complete attention, that's for sure...!

This morning I've been struggling with whether to make this Sunday 'a day of rest', or try to get caught up on some projects that I am terribly behind on...

I'm going to rest. I'm taking today to just glorify God by resting and enjoying time with my family. Family is more important than work, right...? Honoring God is more important than work, right...? If I can't get all my work done in the six days of the week prior to Sunday then I'm just working too much, right...? Can I get an AMEN on that...?

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord Thank You for Dr Stanley's sermon yesterday. The Holy Spirit was definitely speaking to me through him...! Father God, help me. Help me to relax. Help me to not worry about tomorrow. Help me to just be in the moment with You. Help me to take this day (Sunday) and recharge my body and spirit. Then let me just dive into tomorrow with a fresh vigor and vitality.

Lord bless my wife in that way, too. I want only the best for Her. Your Best. And Lord I know that I need to model the behavior I'm looking for in her. I want to be a blessing to my wife, to help her become all that You have in store for her.

Father God I lift up Cere and the pastoral staff at Life Church today. I pray that today many lives are impacted and forever changed by what is presented this morning. Thank You for anointing Him to lead and Shepherd and thank You for bringing us to Life Church.

Lord I lift Your name up on High. Praise you Jesus for being the awesome God that You are. You are the author, the designer, and creator of everything that exists! As Dr Stanley said yesterday: You are always in control. So Lord I will not worry. I'm trusting in You. I love you Father God. I give my life to You, my King.

And I pray these things in Jesus' Name. AMEN.




No comments: