Saturday, September 15, 2007

Dr Charles Stanley Life Principle # 26 Adversity is a Bridge To A Deeper Relationship To God

In this Life we may not always understand how all things work for 'Good'... But God does...! Romans 8:28

The quote above was borrowed from Dr Charles Stanley's website. Today's Life Lesson of the Day was just what I needed and it led me to Life Principle 26 which deals with adversity in the life of a believer. Boy was this just what I needed this morning. Dr Stanley is such a gifted and talented bible teacher. He brings thoughts and concepts together so succinctly. And the title I chose for today's post says it all... Adversity truly is a bridge to a deeper relationship to God.

I've walked with God for over 20 years. But looking back throughout that time nothing has pulled me into a closer walk with HIM than trouble, obstacles, and facing difficult circumstances.

I am facing adversity on multiple fronts right at the moment. But God is Good. God is Graceful. And I know that God is in Control of these circumstances.

In spite of some adverse situations and circumstances Monica and I are facing, I feel confident that we are on the right track. I have never had more new tennis students in a short span of time than these past few weeks. This is undoubtedly God's Blessing. And I know God wants me to use my coaching influence not only to teach tennis, but also to be a strong witness for HIM. In fact, I'm sure now that teaching tennis is definitely secondary to my main calling: Letting God's Light Shine through Me in the Form of Encouraging Words. It's neat how my talent: Coaching, and my Spiritual Gift: Encouragement, go hand in hand.

In other good news, Monica is gearing up to begin focusing on her art more. This makes my heart leap with joy because I've never known or seen a more talented artist. A light like Monica's should never be hidden under a bushel. And her art is just one of the many ways that God's light shines through her. I'm always trying to encourage and enable her to that end.

I recently added an art gallery page to my website. Unfortunately the . jpeg files I posted do not even come close to doing her talent true justice, but still, what she can do with a pencil and a paper is simply astounding to me...!

Ours is a pretty good story, I think. Monica and I are two people who love God and each other. We both consider the other person more important than our selves. And we are working together with God in the midst of great adversity. But we know that our God is a God that's BIGGER than any trouble we might face. If we do get discouraged for a moment here and there we encourage each other and God's WORD is always there for us, too.

We're in Good Hands...!


Dear Father in Heaven,

Once again Lord I thank You for the adversity We are facing. Would I have been as close to You now during a time of prosperity...? I don't think so. Praise You, Jesus...! Thank You for my troubles, but thank You also for my blessings: My dear wife and family, Dr Stanley's Life Principles Teaching, new students, and all things that ultimately work for good.

I love You Lord. I ask you to bless my day and my wife's day today. Monica was up late last night with Elijah allowing me to sleep so I could do well today, now I lift her up, Lord.

Thank You Jesus, and I pray these things in Your Holy Name, Amen.

No comments: