Friday, September 14, 2007

Thanking God For the Good and the Bad...

Well, I've sure got a lot to be thankful for. God is at work in my life in many different areas. I've had pain in my feet now for a days. That is a particular problem since I need to be on my feet for my job. But this morning I awakened with a different perspective. I now have a feeling that the pain is a blessing. I believe that God is sending me the pain so that I have a constant reminder to get in shape and lose weight.

This time it's for real. Every day from now on I will be about making smart eating and exercize choices. I've got to get under 200 lbs and give my poor feet some relief...! This pain is, well painful... But this pain is also definitely a blessing. And I praise God that he loves me so much that he would force me to change my life style like this.

My family is also undergoing a financial struggle at the moment. But I praise God amidst that storm as well because this finacial struggle is forcing us to really draw close to him every minute of the day. When we had more income regularly coming in and paying the bills was not really a problem I definitely walked in my own power too much. Now I'm learning to give everything to God. We're still struggling but through those struggles God is taking us into a much closer relationship with HIM and is also moving both Monica and I into entirely new directions career wise. God is also at work drawing us closer togther as a family, so I praise God that HE is in full control of my circumstances. It's much better to just lean on God and not have to it all myself...!

Physical daily pain and financial difficulties are two areas that people who walk in the world would easily stress over and get discouraged about. But those who walk on the Holy Spirit know better!!!


Dear Heavenly Father,

I thank You God for my current situations, especially my own physical pain and financial struggles which serve to drive me right into Your loving embrace!.. And Thank You dear Lord for my more pleasurable blessings as well. I've got an awesome wife who loves me and constantly stands with me in prayer daily. Her walk with You Lord is one of my greatest sources of strength and inspiration. Thank You Father for my precious spouse, Monica...!

And Father in Heaven thank You for my little boy Elijah and my stepson Connor. I love them both very much and praise You for entrusting their care to me. Becoming a Father has completely changed my life...all for the better of course. I can't imagine life wothout those two!

And Lord we have so many creature comforts here in this country I'm not even going to begin listing all the ways You have set America apart from the rest of the world. But thank You Lord, and I stand in the gap for America today too, Lord. May God Bless America...! Thank You Lord for my career, and thank You my King for our wonderful church and spirtual shepherds Cere and Sonny.

Lord I have evrything to be thankful for and nothing to be discouraged about. I do thank God it's Friday...! I love You Lord and give this day to You. I have no special requests today Lord. Please continue to work in my life as You see fit. Keep molding me and transforming my life into one that is useful for building up the kingdom. It's all about You, Lord. And I pray these things in Jesus' name, Amen!

No comments: