Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Intercession For Wendy

At the top of my prayer list today is a dear sister in Christ who is a member of the body at Life Church. 'Wendy' is feeling overwhelmed with raising a child that has some health issues. She is tired and weary. Praise the Lord that I have been blessed with two healthy boys but I have definitely felt overwhelmed dealing with behavior issues so I stand in the gap for and with Wendy today lifting her up to our Wonderful, Awesome Heavenly Father.

I also want to lift up John Laughlin, a friend of a friend today. John is grieving over the loss of his daughter in an automobile accident which occurred a few days ago. And let's continue to lift up Roberta Kovach who lost her husband Steve recently, and the family of Dr D James Kennedy, of Coral Ridge Ministries.

Father of Lights, You are an awesome God who never changes. You have created us and this world around us. You know us intimately. You are well aware of the situations and circumstances that I have mentioned here and you are well aware of un-named situations and circumstances that are on my heart. Father I love You and I praise you that You use adversity to mold us and shape us in Your image. I praise You that You use circumstances to break us and bring us closer to You. Lord we will praise You in good times and we will praise You in the midst of the storms of Life. Thank You Lord that You are God who saves.

Lord Jesus I lift up Wendy and her six year old son to You. Give Wendy extraordinary patience. Give her Grace to face the challenge of raising her son. Give her peaceful sleep, Lord. And give her soul peace, Lord. Father God There are many standing up for Wendy today and You said that when two or more are gathered in Your name that You would be right there within the midst of them. Lord what an awesome promise...! Thank You, Father.

And Lord I lift up John Laughlin, Roberta Kovach, and the Kennedy Family who all have recently experienced the loss of a loved one. Oh how I know how that feels... But, Lord You do, too. You gave up Your son so that we might conquer death. Father God I pray for comfort and healing for the grieving.

Father God I love You. I give this day to You. Show me what I can do for You today, Lord. Let me be Your hands and feet, Lord. I thank You for the opportunity to serve You, my King. And I pray these things in Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: