Tuesday, September 11, 2007

9/11... My Thoughts Over The Years



I've been reflecting on 9/11 a lot the past few days. This morning I decided to go back and research what I have written the past few years about this infamous day in history that changed our world forever...


2006.... 'This world is not a nice place. That's a fact. But I can do everything I can to make my part of the world as nice a place as possible. And I must do that for the sake of my wife and children.The main thing I can do is to live a Godly life and set an example for those around me. I can try to influence everyone I can for Christ. ...And I can pray...'


2005.... 'Anything could happen to us at anytime of the day, any where. We really do have to live in constant expectancy that we might see our Savior at any minute.He could come to us.... Or we could go to Him. That's really a very sobering thought isn't it...?'


2004.... 'Three years ago today our world changed forever. The unthinkable happened. Our lives will never be the same. I believe that it was a wake up call to America. God was trying to get our attention. Well, He Got Mine...'


These were thoughts the past three years. In 2003 I was still writing my journal by hand in spiral notebooks. Those notebooks have long been packed away but I'm going to get them out tomorrow and review my thoughts...
I feel strange today. Like I don't know how to act or something. Part of me wants to just be quiet, 'chill out', and not do anything. The other part says 'Get to it, man... Time is short...!'
Dear Heavenly Father,
Lord this is a tough day for Americans. It is a tough day for the world. I read in another news post how Islamic Extremists are viewing today as some sort of holiday to celebrate like we celebrate he 4th of July. How sad that is... This is a crazy, crazy, evil world we live in. This world is burning with anger.
Father God You are a God of Love. And You have the whole world in Your hands. And You have anointed Your children to go out into the world to pull people out of the fire. Thank You Lord for being a God who Saves...!
Lord Jesus, what can I do for You today to advance the Kingdom...? I want to be used by You my King. I love You Lord and I pledge my life to You this morning. And I pray these things in Jesus' Precious Name, Amen.

No comments: