Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Phillipians 4:8-9 Life Lessons

I've stated this before but the Apostle Paul is one of my favorite authors. And Phillipians is one of my favorite epistles. Phil 4:8-9 is featured in Doctor Stanley's Early Light Devotional this morning.

In this verse Paul instructs us to dwell on Truth. He also tells us to think about things that are honorable, right, pure, and lovely. He says that we can look to him as an example because he does these things. And, He says if we do these things then the God of Peace will be with us...!

That sounds like a good deal to me!

Dr Stanley puts it this way, If God is not in something, then Satan is.... If we put garbage into our heads then garbage will come out of our mouths and be manifested in our lives.

A good case in point is television. While there are a few good educational shows out there, television is mostly of the world and does not emphasize the things of God. And I believe the internet is the most dangerous invention ever and is rapidly undermining our culture...

ok... I'm just ranting this morning. Just remember Dr Stanley's sage advise: Where God is not present, there you will find Satan....!

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord help me control my thought life as Paul descibes it in Phil 4:8-9. Help me guard against negativity. Enable me to be a life example like Paul was. Father God I want only to serve You. Please continue to show me how You would have me minister to those around me, especially my own family, Lord. 10 Inverness Lane in West Columbia is my primary mission field...!

Father God lift up my dear sweet wife who is in battle right along side of me fighting spiritual warfare day in day out. Bless her Lord. Restore her health and energy, Father.

Lord I believe You want me to be more bold a witness in my career and in my professional contacts. That is a sticky area, Father. Help me to be 'gentle' in this regard.

Father God, I know You are well aware of my financial situation. Lord I will just trust in You to meet our needs. Help me to make wise financial decisions, Lord. I want to honor You with Your provisions and blessings.

Father God, I love You. You are my King, You are my everything. I praise You, Jesus. And I pray these things in Your precious holy name, Amen.

No comments: