Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Prayer For the Sick

A good friend and brother in Christ emailed me that his wife's 85 year old mom, Noreen, is in need of prayer for complications following a hip replacement surgery. Please pray that the doctors will be able to stabilize her hemoglobin; isolate all the abnormal intestinal areas and correct them with laser surgery; thereby returning all her natural circulatory functions. Please pray for Noreen's strength, especially her heart, in consideration of the enormous strain that it's under. Pray that her heart will remain strong and that she will come through the surgeries and the post operative rehabilitation in good shape.

Please pray for Noreen, and her children Molly, Pam, Debbie, Al and Mike. Please pray for Molly as she leaves for San Francisco tomorrow morning to teach a 4 day class.

Another prayer request came in from a friend from our old church: April's Grandmother is 83 years old. She has been recovering from an upper chest infection. She went into the hospital yesterday with pain. She is having gallbladder problems and will have to have it removed. she is in need of a pace maker replacement and is also having kidney problems.

And lastly, please be in prayer for the Men's Fraternity of FBC West Columbia as they are going on a spiritual retreat this weekend.


Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank You Lord for our many blessings. Lord I give thanks and praises for the long lives of Noreen, and also for April's Grandmother. Father God as they are both in failing health I ask for their healing. I pray that these health conditions give cause for all parties involved (including their extended families) to draw into the closest possible relationship with you. Above all, I pray that Your will be done in these matters.

Lord I also want to lift up the Men's Ministry at FBC West Columbia as they will be on a retreat this weekend. I pray for their spiritual renewal and growth.

Father God thank you for prayer. I cherish my prayer time with You every day. I love You Lord. And I give this day to You, Father. For Your Glory. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: