Saturday, September 08, 2007

Why I've Given Up Alcohol...!

I definitely drank more in my younger days than I have in recent years. A few years ago, when Monica became pregnant with Elijah she began abstaining. And in support of her, I did as well.

After Elijah's birth we have never really got back into drinking very much at all except for an occasional glass of wine, or a margarita with a weekend meal of Mexican food....

I have been under the assumption that wine was OK, but hard liquor was OUT... But a recent online discussion from our church weblog has made a total abstainer out of me. Unfortunately I can't post a direct link to that discussion, but you can follow this link and scroll down or click on September 4 Topic Discussion. That particular discussion led me to want to research all the biblical scriptures related to what God says about drinking and abstinence.

As I prepared to conduct my research I discovered that The pastor of Life Church of Angleton has actually published a paper on this topic. Pastor Cere is such a gifted communicator. His message cleared up misconceptions that I had and also gave me new insight into scripture verses that I had previously overlooked and glossed over. After reading Pastor Cere's paper I have no taste for alcohol what so ever...

If You drink alcohol, please read this article and find out exactly what the bible says about Christians and drinking. It very well could change your Life...!

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord I love You and give You praise Today. Thank You for recently opening my eyes to the truth and what Your Word says about abstaining from the consumption of alcohol. Mine is a life that is changed because of Your Precious Holy Word.

Father God I pray that Your Word goes out all over the world and the Holy Spirit convicts many hearts today.

I give this day totally for Your Glory, my King, and I pray these things in Jesus' Name, Amen!

No comments: