Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Prayer Life

I think my prayer life is in a rut. And if my prayer life is in a rut then what does that say about my personal relationship with the Lord?

How's Your prayer Life...? Do You have a regular daily appointment with God...? I try to spend time first thing in the morning with God every single day. I used to set an alarm on my phone to go off periodically throughout the day to remind myself to pray for special interests or requests but I got away from that.

I'm really trying to get back in the habit of praying at different times of the day. Although I find that there's no better way to start one's day than in prayer, my day needs a shot of adrenaline that only a good visit with the Lord in my quiet place can provide.

I'm not going to blog every time I pray, but I just wanted to go on record as saying that we should be praying in the spirit constantly. God deserves more than just one time slot, don't you think...?

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank You for prayer, Father. Lord I just come to You this morning laying all my troubles at the foot of Your cross. I pray for strength to exercise and eat healthily today. I pray for those Divine encounters that You have appointed for me that I might not even know about right this moment.

By Your Grace, In Your Power I will give a strong witness for the Kingdom today.

I want to honor You in every way, my Lord. I love You You, Jesus. You gave everything to save my soul. I live for You, my King.

And I pray these things in Your Precious Holy' name, Amen.

No comments: