Monday, October 22, 2007

Today's Marching Orders: Colossians 3:23 and Ephesians 4:1-3

Whatever you do, do it heartily as for the Lord rather than for man. Remember, it's the Lord You serve, not man... Col 3:23

Walk in the manner worthy of the calling within which you've been called... Eph 4:1-3


Those were two key scriptures that Dr Charles Stanley used in his excellent sermon yesterday. Dr Stanley exhorted us to:

Do Our Best...

Live Our Best...

And Look Our Best...

After all, we are ambassadors and representatives of Christ Jesus Our Lord... We owe Jesus a Godly Life. Just take a look at the cross and what He went through for our Salvation...!

I love how the Message Bible Translated Colossians 3:23... -Servants, do what you're told by your earthly masters. And don't just do the minimum that will get you by. Do your best. Work from the heart for your real Master, for God, confident that you'll get paid in full when you come into your inheritance. Keep in mind always that the ultimate Master you're serving is Christ. The sullen servant who does shoddy work will be held responsible.

And while that is a great illustration of worshipping God in the workplace, I think athletes are also called to give their best in training and in their efforts and performances on the field of competition to Glorify God as well.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank You Lord for Dr Stanley's message. Lord I just ask that the Holy Spirit would enable me to Glorify You in Everything.. I want to live for You Lord. Father God I want to change. I want my life to honor You and what You did for me on the Cross.

Lord I love You and I give this day to You. And I pray these things in your Precious Holy Name: Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments: