Thursday, November 08, 2007

Romans 12:10-14

In his letter to the Roman church the apostle Paul gave specific instruction to believers.

10Be devoted to one another in brotherly love; give preference to one another in honor;
11not lagging behind in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; 12 rejoicing in hope, persevering in tribulation, devoted to prayer, 13 contributing to the needs of the saints, practicing hospitality. 14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.


There are many excellent reccommendations listed above. Notice that tucked away right in the middle of the passage is 'devoted to prayer'. Prayer is always wrapped in the midst of holy living.

Today I'm recalling one of the times when God really answered one of my prayers.

I was at a low point in my life and was very discouraged. I was having relationship issues and career issues. Nothing was going well for me. In short, I was miserable. -And I prayed for God to send someone into my life to intervene. I prayed for an angel. I prayed for a miracle.

Shortly afterwards I met a man at a coffee shop. We became acquanted over the next few weeks and I observed that he was very close to God. He was always spending time in the bible. He was always praying, and always had a kind, friendly word for others.

I asked him one day if he would mind spending some time in counseling and discipleship with me. (I was thinking of us getting together a couple of times to visit.) To my amazement not only did he agree to spend some time with me, but he suggested that we spend ONE YEAR in the word together.

What happened next significantly changed my life forever. This gentleman encouraged me to go to bible college and really stuck by me during some difficult times. We did meet for one solid year and my life will never be the same again because of that time he spent with me.

Whenever I read Romans 12:10-14, I think of my dear brother in Christ, Steve Clark. God used Steve in a mighty way to deliver me from bondage on many levels.

And God most definitely answered my prayer for intervention...!

Our God is such an Awesome God...!

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord I am still blown away by what Steve did for me. He gave me the incredible precious gift of his time. I thank You for he and his wife. I pray blessings on them this morning.

Lord Jesus, Steve really showed me what it looks like to live a life fully devoted to you. Now I'm a living example of the power and might of Your Grace and Mercy... Not to say that my life is perfect, but I am walking with You through it all, trying to effect everyone around me for You.

-And that's what matters most.

I love You, Lord... I give this day to You for Your Honor and Glory. By Your Grace I will walk in the center of Your will for my life all day long. I Praise You, Lord. And I pray these things in Jesus' name,

Amen.

No comments: