Thursday, December 06, 2007

1 Corinthians 15:58

Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord. 1 Cor 15:58

I came across this verse as I was researching Spurgeon's morning devotional this morning. It just really jumped out at me. This verse was not the verse that his devotion this morning was based upon, but I happened upon it as I was reading Corinthians while researching his devotion, and something this morning shouted at me, PAY ATTENTION, SAM...!

In this passage Paul is speaking to Believers encouraging them to be steadfast, to 'dig in' and be stubborn in their faith. He says be immovable. Nothing should be able to move us from our stand in Christ. We should always be abounding in the work of the Lord. The key word here is ALWAYS, denoting the 'frequency' of our action. EVERYTHING we do should be the work of the LORD. He reminds us that Everything we do in the Lord matters, nothing is wasted or taken for granted.

Oh that my entire day would be like that.

My prayer today is that I would be steadfast and immovable and everything I do would be in the Name of God for HIS GLORY...!

No comments: