Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Drawing Near to God...

I'm starting off the new year claiming the promise of James 4:8.

Draw near to God and HE will draw near to You....

I've been somewhat familiar with that verse for years, but as I was reading it this morning I discovered that the familiar part is only half of the verse. The second (and lessor known half) says:

Cleanse your hands you sinners and purify your hearts you double minded...! Well, that's me. And I definitely need to do those things.

I prayed last night for God to just give me a hunger and a thirst for His Word like never before. I believe He is already doing that. The Book of James just came alive before my eyes this morning. James 4:8 will be one of my key bible verses for the year...!

Father God, I do start off 2008 with clean hands and a heart of single purpose. And that purpose is to magnify You, my King....! Thank You Lord for another Year. Thank You Father for a little more time to effect my surroundings for The Kingdom...

Lord I claim victory over all the strongholds that entangle me:
  • Busy-ness
  • Anger
  • Unforgiveness
  • Gluttony
  • Procrastination

Father God I don't HOPE for victory. IN YOU I AM ALREADY VICTORIOUS...!

I love You Lord. Thank You Jesus. Thank You for every blessing in my life. You are Good, my King. You are Wonderful. You are Glorious...!

I live my life in 2008 as a holy sacrifice for Your Glory. In Jesus' Name, AMEN.



No comments: