Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sunday Morning Prayer...

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord I just give this day to You. I pray that today will not be like other Sundays. Father give me patience and grace today. Help me to be an over comer today. Let me be positive and encouraging like never before.

I professed a few days ago that I was going to undergo a radical change, but as I was thinking about it over the past few days I realized that I should have 'asked' for a radical change, not just announced it... By simply announcing it I am pretty much claiming that I am going to do it under my own power. Even though I had good and noble intentions when I made that statement, I couldn't really see the underlying pride associated with a statement like that at the time.

Today my heart is a little more in the place where it should be and I'm coming to You Lord with the humility of a man who knows that he can't accomplish things apart from You.

So Lord, it is with a humble countenance that I come kneeling before you pleading my case to be restored and lifted up. Help my faith, Lord. Help my life to more closely resemble yours. Father God by your Grace I can throw off and rid myself of the strongholds that entangle me. Lord I cry out to You this morning. Help me make today special.

Help me to REALLY be that new creature I wrote about a few days ago. I love You Lord. And I recognize so many abundant blessings in my life right now. Father God I am so grateful for what You have done and what you are continuing to do in my life. Lord I will let You lead me.

And today I lift up our Pastors and worship leader at church. Thank You for anointing these men to impact my lives and the lives of so many others. Father I lift up Clergy everywhere who preach the truth. Lord I lift up nursery workers and every other support ministry that doesn't always get recognised but is an integral part of church every Sunday.

Thank You again for today, Lord. You are an Awesome God... I love you deeply. And in Jesus' Precious Name I Pray,

Amen.

No comments: