Thursday, January 17, 2008

Today Will Be Different...

I think today a radical change is in order. I mean a serious life change. Today I'm really going to start living for Jesus like I never have before.

I don't care what other people think. Some may not even recognize me any more. That's OK. They can get to know me all over again.

Some won't believe the change in me... That's OK. They'll get used to it eventually.

Will I lose some friends or even some business because of it...? Maybe in the short term. But that doesn't worry me in the least. And as I write down these thoughts I am reminded of one of Dr Charles Stanley's Life Principles:

Trust and Obey God and leave all the consequences to Him...

That's always sounded good to me but I've never had the guts to really do it 100%. Well that's all changed now. Today will be different. I come in contact with many people every day in my career as a coach and administrator. I have been blessed with a unique opportunity to impact many lives through my words and actions...! I know that God wants me to use my influence to advance the Kingdom. Starting today I'm going to make a concerted effort to let others know how much I love God and what a relationship with Him has meant to me and how Jesus Christ has changed my life forever!

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord You have been doing a work in me for years. It's about time we started seeing some fruit, don't You think...? Father help me to be more bold for You starting today. I want to cut away all the distraction, all the unnecessary clutter in my life. I want to live a life that You can use to impact the Kingdom. I've bogged my life down in the pursuit of the wrong things and want to get on track starting right this second...!

Father God today I rededicate my life to You. My treasure is in You, Lord. Help me to boldly go forward living my life in Faith. Lord I run to You this morning with reckless abandon. There is no greater priority in my life than serving You. Help me to be more a 'doer' of the word than a 'thinker' of the word.

And Lord I realize that I can only accomplish this through You. You have made so many promises to provide for me and to empower me. Father today I really believe and I claim those promises. I think I'm really beginning to understand what it means to be a 'new creature' in Christ.

Lord I thank You so much for the surrendered lives of those who have encouraged and influenced me. Lord God You are indeed a great provider. You always give me what I need. I know You will always take care of my family and I. And You have been equipping me for harvest labor for sometime but I have yet to really dive in and get my hands dirty. Father I'm surrendering my will to You today. I'm surrendering my finances, my family, my career. They all belong to You, anyway. Take it all Lord. Take my life and just mold and shape me in Your image.

Father I pray a special blessing of healing upon my little boy Elijah who has been up most of the night with a fever. I lift up Monica who was up most of the night with him. Guard her health too, Lord.

Lord this is such a special day. I thank You for it, Lord. And I will make the most of it...! In a few hours I will begin interacting with young people and their parents for the better part of the day. I just pray that You will bless that time, Lord. Season my words to impact hearts in a mighty way today, Jesus.

Lord I pray these things in Your Precious Holy Name, Amen.

No comments: