Monday, February 04, 2008

Answered Prayer

Today I feel like something very significant is going to happen in my life. I can't fully explain it right this second, but I was starting to feel it yesterday and today the 'feeling' is even stronger.

When I went to bed last night I set my alarm for 4 AM. That's my regular wake up time. And although I set my alarm for 4 AM I really wanted to get up earlier but I have been afraid to push my body too hard. As I drifted off to sleep a few hours ago I prayed that the Lord would awaken me earlier than 4 AM if that be His will. I was hoping for 3 AM so I could have an extra hour with him. Guess when I awakened...? I awakened at 2:50 AM...! I've only slept about four hours but I feel good and ready to dive in to my day.

Is that the Holy Spirit working...? It has to be...!

I'm starting off my day with an answered prayer. That's pretty powerful...! -I can't wait to see what the Lord's going to reveal to me this morning.

I've been taking a college course from Life Pacific Bible College on the study of the Holy Spirit and spiritual gifts the past few weeks. I have learned more in the past fourteen days about the Holy Sprit than I have the past twenty years. That course is stretching and growing me like I never have before.

One thing I know that activates the Holy Spirit is prayer. Yes, it all starts with prayer.

Colossians 4:2 says: Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving.

That is the verse I'm meditating on this morning. What does it look like to devote oneself to prayer...? That's got to mean that you spend a good deal of time praying. And to keep alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving seems to be a warning that we do not slip into the trap of just asking for things, but rather to give thanks (and praise) in the midst of our circumstances.

Here lately I seem to have fallen away from the fervent praying that I used to engage in. I've let circumstances and busyness (once again) consume me to the point that I am not being used effectively for kingdom work.

This morning's answered prayer is a step in the right direction. And I'm going to continue to devote myself to prayer like I used to. And I am going to pray with a truly thankful heart.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord You are Good. You are Holy. And I am nothing like that. But I want to be. I want to be like You, my King. Father God I just give today to You. One minute at a time. Lord I thank You for loving me and forgiving me and giving Your life for me.


Father I thank You for a Godly wife and a beautiful family. I owe my life to You, my King. Lord help me to live a life consecrated to You. Show me Your will Lord and I will do it. I Love You, Lord. You have rescued me...!

I pray these things in Jesus' Name, Amen

No comments: