Friday, February 01, 2008

A New Twist on TGIF...

Those who read my blog with any regularity know that I try to set aside Fridays exclusively for Thanks and Praise and on those days I try to keep my petitioning (especially for myself) down to a minimum. I want to literally spend the whole day Thanking God...!

As I was reading my wife's blog this morning, I came across a little twist on the TGIF acronym which I immediately fell in love with: instead of 'thank God it's Friday', it's:

Today..... God.....Is......First.....!

- To me that perfectly sums up what TGIF should stand for, especially to a true believer. And that sentiment should not be limited to just Fridays.... Oh no.... EVERYDAY God should come first...!

We can't recover yesterday, and Jesus himself said to just be focused on today because it has enough troubles of it's own. And tomorrow in fact, might not come for some of us... Hmmm... That's really a sobering statement, isn't it...?

So, I'm not thanking God for Friday any more. From now on, God is FIRST in my day all day long. I'm not elevating anything above God. Not People, Not Things to do... Nothing.

Next Week: Walking in the Spirit.....

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord I do stand thankful for today. But not because it's Friday. Just because it's another day that You have gifted to us to make a difference in this world. Father God I give today to You. My walk today is about glorifying You.

Thank You Lord for starting to open my eyes to see how I should really be living my life. I know it's not to late to make a change for the better and that You will be with me every step of the way. Lord Jesus I love You. You are in charge of my life. I humbly yield to You, my King.

Father God I pray Your sweet blessings flow down upon on my family. Lord for myself I ask nothing except that you help me to be more obedient, more faithful to You. I want to please you in every way my King.

I stand ready for Your service, Lord. And in Christ Jesus' name, Amen.

1 comment:

Judy Ohlemacher said...

Sam, I think that praise Today God Is First is wonderful and so much better because it looks forward rather than looking back with trepidation.
MOM