Monday, February 18, 2008

Breakfast Bar Christianity

Pastor Cere told us yesterday at church that 20-30 minutes of devotional time wasn't going to cut it as a steady diet of trying to draw closer to God. He referred to the morning time I spend each day as a breakfast bar compared to a full course meal. Wow! What a comparison.

I realize that I've only been scratching the surface of what I should be doing. I feel very convicted to do more. The fact is, I have not read the entire bible cover to cover. In twenty years as a professing Christian I'm ashamed to admit that. But I'm not ashamed because of what other people will think of me. I ashamed for offending God. I'm ashamed because of what that really says of my commitment to and love for God.

Didn't I just write few days ago that 'actions speak louder than words'...? Let that thought soak in a little for awhile....

No comments: