Monday, February 11, 2008

Coincidence...? I don't think so...!

I've had a fairly demanding week physically the past few weeks. I awakened this morning feeling really run down. Before I even arose from the bed I had been in prayer for a good deal of time. I was praying for strength and energy to face the day.

Ususally my first course of action for the morning is to spend time reading and meditating on Dr Charles Stanley's Earl Light Devotoional. Afterwards, if there's time I try to go through Charles Spurgeon's Morning Devotional. And occasionally I'll spend time in Oswald Chamber's 'Utmost'.

This morning I need go no farther than Dr Stanley's words of wisdom to have my prayer answered. His devotional was about encouragement and strength for the day. -Just what I need...!

The scripture verse is: Psalm 62:5-8. It says a lot to my circumstances. It says that my soul is to wait in silence for God... I wasn't sure exactly what that meant. Did it mean to NOT complain to others about one's circumstances, but to bring our concerns only to God...? It definitely means to wait on God and that is what is most important. God is the answer to the troubles of our souls.

The rest of the passage supports that them and is very clear: God is EVERYTHING we need. HE is our hope. He is our rock. He is also our salvation, glory, and refuge. We can trust HIM.

That's a very powerful, confident statement. Here is how Dr Stanley closes his devotional this morning:

Hardships may cause some believers to question God’s dependability, but we can trust Him because He knows all things. He’s aware of the duration and intensity of our current “season” and the purpose in it. He also uses His knowledge to offer us the best possible help and support. What’s more, the Lord is all-powerful, which means that He is more than adequate to meet needs and change circumstances according to His plan. And our Father is everywhere, including right beside is in whatever we face. He says, “I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you” (Hebrews 13:5). Place your trust in the omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent Lord. Then you can awake with a fresh sense of His faithfulness to carry you through the day.

Dr Charles Stanley, Early Light Devotional, February 7, 2008

How refrehing. Now I really do have sense of His faithfulness...! And I need it because the week ahead looks to be just as full and busy as the previous one.

Dear Heavenly Father, Thank You for Your precious word. What joy, comfort, and peace it brings. My soul waits for You, My King. Lord I pray for a super-natural patience that only the Holy Spirit can bring. Help me to wait on Your perfect timing, Lord.

Father God as I start this week I just offer it to You. I pray that the work of my week produces much fruit for the Harvest. Father help me to be faithful and obedient to Your commands.

I love You Lord. You have rescued me. I will follow You. I pray these things in Jesus' name.

No comments: