Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Gratefulness….

I awakened several times throughout the night last night. Each time I felt that God had a specific reason for waking me. The first time I awakened I felt an incredible need to pray to God about how much I loved Him. The second time I awakened I felt an overwhelming wave of gratefulness. I had awakened in a warm, dry, comfortable bed. My house was filled with a sweet, loving family. And although we are going through some trials as a family I had a sense that everything was ok, or that it would be ok soon. God is in control. God will provide.

Wow… It can’t really get much better than that, can it? I am so very grateful to this God of the universe. Today I am all about thanking God.

One of the devotionals I read this morning spoke of thanking God even in the midst of our troubles. I stand in agreement with that, too. Hardships are God’s way of directing us and keeping us focused on HIM. Life: It’s ALL about GOD. ALL the time!

HE is my Captain.

I can’t do anything on my own alone, but in Christ I can do great things.

You know what? I’m ready for a day of miracles…!

Lord Jesus, Thank You for Your constant presence in my life. Thank You for strengthening me. I will not fear or worry because You will help me and uphold me with Your righteous right hand…! Praise You, Lord. I love You and believe in You.

In Your precious holy name I pray: Jesus Christ, AMEN

No comments: