Saturday, February 09, 2008

Encouragement to Share the Gospel

I'd like to share a short quote from Dr Charles Stanley this monring. He touches on something that is very dear to my heart in his morning devotional today.

Mission work isn’t limited to foreign lands. Every church is surrounded by a community—a population of souls who need the Savior. As followers of Jesus, we are called to make disciples (Matthew 28:19-20). So we cannot justify sitting comfortably in a pew while our neighbors struggle without God. The local church is to be a lighthouse for the Lord.

-Dr Charles Stanley, Early Light Devotional, Feb 9, 2008.


I love how Dr Stanley presents things so simply. When I hear something like that I think about how as a boy I grew up iving right across the street from a denominational church and in ten years no one ever stopped by and knocked on my door.

Oh I'm not critcizing too harshly, because how many doors have I ever knocked on...? I do try to witness in my vocation to my students and peers, but honestly, it's a passive witness at best. And I've been feeling mighty convicted about that lately.

The question is, what do I do about this feeling of conviction? Do I act on it today, or continue avoiding God's call like Jonah...?

Dear Heavenly Father,

God You are good all the time... Thank You Father for sending the Holy Spirit to equip me to help impact tis community for Heaven. Father God help me to be bold today. Let my day be about Kingdom work.

I love You Lord and I give this day for You.

Amen.

No comments: