Monday, March 31, 2008

Catching UP: Praise Reports and More...!

I haven't had time to post to this blog in the last 48 hours, I do have several great praise reports this morning....!

I prayed for the home school presentation on Friday and it went very well. It was one of my best presentations ever and very well received. YEA!

I didn't have time to post details regarding my big event on Saturday, a tennis tournament for the many area local area junior highs. I was awake literally all night long the night before preparing for it.

The weather was a little tricky, but over all I'd say we witnessed another weather miracle in that we were able to complete the tournament without too many delays. It was a huge success.

Praise the Lord for that, too! -And that's not all... I was also coordinating a tournament across town for the HPTA and it went well, too. But I give God all the credit for anything good that happened this weekend. It's all HIM....!

Sunday we heard a very powerful sermon from our pastor at church. All I can say is WOW...!

His big point was: Times are going to get tougher. He asked us all what scriptures are we going to pull out to give us strength and encouragement amidst the turmoil...? Is The Word in us...?

I stand convicted. I'm Guilty. I confess that I have very few scriptures committed to memory. Oh I can recall a lot of scriptures, but not the specific bible address associated with them. How convincing is that going to be to a non believer...? I've got to do better than that...!

I WILL do better!

Although I've been extremely tired lately I awakened at 3 AM this morning feeling the need to read the word. I've been doing an independent study of the Gospels lately. I'm currently in Mark.

Mark 4:35-41 recounts the story of Jesus calming the sea and wind. Do you remember that story...? Jesus and the apostles were traveling by boat when a fierce storm broke out and it was so severe that the apostles were fearful for their lives. All the while Jesus was asleep at the stern of the boat. The apostles frantically awakened Jesus to save them and with just a word from him the the seas calmed immediately. And Jesus was disappointed that his disciples had so little faith.

In his study bible, Dr Stanley points out that Adversity reveals our level of faith. Boy, do I know that. Cere has been pointing that out for weeks. Well, my wife and I are facing some adversity in our lives right now. Praise God we are standing strong in Him and on His promises.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thanks for the conviction. I stand strong in You, Lord. You are my Deliverer, my Redeemer. Lord I don't know how You are going to work out the difficulties in my life but I know that You WILL work them out. You are a God of miracles....! Praise You, Lord.

Father God You have already worked so many miracles in my life there's no reason to believe You are not going to continue to do so!

I love You, Lord. And I just give my cares to You this morning. I'm starting my morning fresh, bright, and new... WITH YOU...!

I pray blessings on my family Lord. I especially lift up Connor and Elijah to You, Father. Bless their health and I pray that they both develop a deep abiding love for You and Your Word.

Father God, Thank You for loving me so much and already blessing me way more than I deserve. I pray these things in Jesus' holy name, Amen

No comments: