Monday, April 07, 2008

God's Up to Something...

Wow... Pastor Cere blew us away with another awesome sermon yesterday...! I wish I could attend a church service like that every single day! Our current study at church is the Power of Readiness. Here's a link to Cere's message notes...

We really believe that this world is getting closer to end times scenarios and we need to be equipped spiritually to face the difficulties ahead of us.

The key scripture verse today is 1 John 2:15-17...

Love not this world or the things of this world. If any man loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, the pride of life, is not of the Father but is of the world. And the world with all it's lusts is passing away. But the one who does the will of God will live forever!

Monica and I most definitely feel a stirring of the Holy Spirit in our lives right now, as do many of our friends. These next few days, weeks, and months are going to get very interesting...

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord I love You. I am not in love with this world. All I want is to be in Your will. I want to draw close to You, my King. Father I give this day to You for Your Glory. I pray blessings on my wife as she takes Elijah on a day trip to Houston with friends from our local home school community. I ask blessings on Connor as he is at school today. And Lord I ask blessings on my day that I have the most productive day possible. I am desperately behind on some projects and hope to make up ground and get caught up on everything this week!

Father God, I pray that I am able to make an impact in some one's life for the Kingdom today. I pray that all the words that come from my mouth are words of life.

Lord I ask specific blessings on my finances today. We are trying to be good stewards, Lord. Help us to make the correct important financial decisions we need to make. Father God I just lay these requests at your feet.

Thank You for being a Good and Mighty God...! I pray these things in Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: