Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Prayer: Ask, Seek, Knock...

Periodically I like to comment on prayer, and what the bible has to say about prayer. I have been thinking about how I might find myself in a situation where I'll need to explain to a non believer about how prayer works, so I'm starting to memorize scriptures that speak about prayer. Here's today's memory verse: Matthew 7:7-11

Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find, knock and it will be opened for you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. What man among you gives his son a stone when he asks for bread? Or a snake when he asks for a fish? If you then (who is evil) know how to give good gifts to your children how much more then will your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him...?

Prayer engages the Lord in the personal lives of men and women and in the affairs of government. It is the way we experience oneness with our Father and receive the essentials we need to carry out His work. Jesus promised that God would hear our prayers.

Dear Heavenly Father,

God, You are an Awesome God. Thank You Lord for listening to my cries. Thank You for prayer. Oh what a miserable world this would be if we did not have prayer. Lord You do hear, and you do answer the prayers of Your children. Praise You, Lord. Blessed be Your Name...!

I love You Lord and I give this day to You. I pray for a miracle today. I believe in miracles, Lord. And I know you are up to something BIG! Father God, help me to get caught up in my office, today. Help me to communicate quickly and effectively today, Lord. Father I ask that you would bless my marketing efforts. Lord please bless my finances and financial decisions that I need to make. Thank you Father for all the opportunity to serve You and impact the world the Kingdom of Heaven.

I pray these things in Jesus' name, Amen.




No comments: