Friday, May 09, 2008

The Acts of the Apostles...

I'm reading/studying the book of the Acts of the Apostles... Wow...! I love to read how the Holy Spirit worked through those men and women. And I wonder why we don't see 'signs and wonders' like those we read about like miraculous healings or demons cast out..?

Oh there are cases of miracle healings here and there but not on a scale that makes a great number of people notice. Think about it. Do you know anyone who obviously, without a doubt is operating under the influence of the Holy Spirit right this very moment...?

I believe our pastor at church is 'under the influence'. I've never heard a more convicting series of messages in my life as the messages he has delivered to our church family this past year.

He's been telling us that a time is coming soon when the Holy Spirit is going to pour itself out into Believers of faith and character and many will have enhanced spiritual gifts. He says our time to prepare is now. That's why I'm diving into the scriptures like a man dying of thirst in the desert dives into a pool of water. I can't get enough of the WORD...!

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank You Lord for Your Holy Word. Lord I'm soaking it up like a thirsty sponge. Oh Lord I pray that You keep me hungry and thirsty for You always. I love You Lord. You have done great things in my life. You bless me continually. Help me to be obedient. Help my faith to grow. Help me to be the witness You have called me to be.

I pray my words, actions, and thoughts will always reflect favorably upon You, Lord. Father I love You and pray these things in Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: