Friday, May 02, 2008

The book of Luke has a Great Ending...!

This morning I just finished a month long study of the Gospel of Luke. Wow. Where do I start? I especially liked the ending. Jesus is resurrected on the third day and then appeared to His Disciples.

Imagine how they felt. That must have been an incredible experience to see their beloved Jesus alive after he was crucified, died, and was buried. And then they observed him taken up into heaven. What a mind blowing experience.

Luke 24:52-53 says that immediately afterward they returned to Jerusalem with great joy and were in the temple continually praising and blessing God. I'm sure they did!

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord I am very thankful for your Word. This morning's reading was simply captivating. Your disciples got to see you carried up to heaven. I can only imagine what that must have been like.

-Will I get to see You come down again...? The signs are everywhere. Our pastor is in full 'end times' battle gear and he's working around the clock to prepare us to be an integral part of the final harvest of souls. I can sense huge changes are coming.

Father God I want to be part of that harvest. Help me to win others for You. Season my words, Lord. Guide my steps and my decisions. My only desire is to be Your faithful servant. Lord Thank You for these opportunities. I'm giving You my heart and all that I possess. I lay them all down for the sake of You, my King.

Thank You for my precious wife, Lord. And I praise You for Connor and Elijah, two fine boys. Oh Lord I am greatly blessed to have such a family as this. But You didn't stop there. You have trusted and blessed me with many other blessings and I am very grateful.

My Jesus, My Savior and Redeemer, I love You. And I pray blessings in Your Sweet holy name, Amen.

No comments: