Thursday, May 01, 2008

Wise Words from the book of Ephesians

The book of Ephesians is really speaking to me right now. I love the opening prayer that Paul prays on behalf of the Ephesian Church. And I appreciate the instruction and encouragement on living a Godly life. Ephesians 4:1-4 is speaking loudly to me this morning.

I, Paul, implore you to walk worthy of the calling with which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience showing tolerance with one another in love, being diligent to preserve the unity of the spirit in the bond of peace.

Isn't that a beautiful verse? We must endeavor to be worthy of the call of Christ. We should be humble, gentle, and patient. -Oh if that were me... Sadly, I daily miss the mark much more than I hit it. In certain areas of my life (certain relationships), I fall dreadfully short.

Lord, I give my short comings to You. Help me to change my behavior. Oh how the flesh lusts against the spirit right now within me. Help me to conquer my flesh and live a life that is truly worthy of Your Call. Father God it is my desire to live in peace with everyone. Help me to be more humble, gentle and patient, especially with family members. Father enable Your Spirit to flow freely through me.

I love You Lord, and I give this day to You, my King. And I pray these things in Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: