Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Finding Nemo...?

Are You familiar with the movie finding Nemo...?

In that movie a little clownfish's daddy swims across half the ocean battling sharks, jellyfish, seagulls and all sorts of adversity in an effort to save his lost son.

Elijah and I have watched that movie literally dozens and dozens of times. I was thinking this morning how our heavenly father battled all sorts of adversity in order to save us...!

There is a scene early in the movie where Nemo's Daddy is arguing with him to not swim out into open water. Nemo deliberately disobeys and faces dire consequences for his misconduct.

Doesn't that happen to us in this life...? We disobey our Heavenly Father and suffer the dire consequences. Think about it, this pattern has repeated itself time and time again all throughout history. I think we're seeing disobedience on a global scale now and it's only a matter of time before a major catastrophe occurs.

If you were a character from the movie Finding Nemo what character would you be...?

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank You Lord for saving us. We have all been 'Nemo' at one time in our lives. -Some of us still are... Help us to be more like 'Marlin', -Nemo's Daddy. Help us to be more like You. Father God, this world we live in is a wicked place. Help us to live here but not become like our surroundings. Help us to affect change within our sphere of influence.

Lord I love You. I give this day to You. I pray blessings on my dear sweet family. I pray blessings on my tennis students. Lord lift them up I pray.

In Jesus' Name, Amen.

1 comment:

Monica Chadwell said...

I love this post!! It's so true that if we truly look for Him, we will find Him ... even in Finding Nemo. I'd love to be Marlin, but I think if you had your druthers I'd have to be Dory. What can I say? I guess the shoe fits. She may be forgetful, but a least she's a sweetie! ;-)

Just keep swimmin'...