Tuesday, May 06, 2008

John 17:13:18 -Are You a Disciple...?

Before he was given up to be judged and crucified , our precious Lord and Savior prayed a prayer to God the Father. In His prayer He prayed for His disciples. Now I ask, Am I not a Disciple...?

-I AM....!

So, here are the words that Jesus prayed for those who followed Him. It's comforting to know that Jesus prayed this prayer for me, and for you, too if You have been called by Him.

".... But now I come to You; and these things I speak in the world so that they may have My joy made full in themselves. I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. I do not ask You to take them out of the world, but to keep them from the evil one. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Sanctify them in the truth; Your word is truth. As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world...." John 17:13-18

  • Jesus prayed that we would have HIS Joy.
  • HE said the world would hate us.
  • HE prayed for our protection from the evil one.
  • HE asked God to sanctify us in the Truth -The Word of God.
  • He is sending us into the world to carry out His mission.

We've got a lot of work to do. And it feels like the time is short. Very Short. What sort of impact will I have in the cosmic battle of good versus evil today...? Will my contribution to the advancement of the Kingdom of God be significant, or negligible...?

How about You? Do You consider yourself a 'disciple'...? What's your 'spiritual forcast' for today?

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord I'm sensing a stronger call each and every day. And I want to do Your will more than anything. I submit to You Lord. You lead and I will follow. Father God I give today to You, Lord, for Your Glory. And I pray these things in Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: