Saturday, June 14, 2008

In His Father's Footsteps...

Here's a cute photo of Elijah and I last summer (2007). I had been mowing the yard and I was wearing a blue bandana. Elijah was inside the house watching me through the window and he wanted to work in the yard, too. But he wanted to wear a blue bandana because he wanted to be just like his daddy, so Monica obliged him. I remember that day fondly. When they came outside He had the biggest smile on his face I have ever seen. -Elijah wanted to be just like me...!

If Elijah is going to follow in my footsteps, I have to make sure that I'm always walking a godly path I'd want him to follow. I want him to always see me trying to follow my heavenly father. I want him to see how much I love God. And I want him to be just like me (and his mom) in that regard, because we both love Jesus very much.

Jesus gave us an earthly example of how to live. And His standards are high ones. Let's all try to follow in our heavenly father's footsteps.

And What did Jesus do...? He loved. He served others. He gave his life away. And in John 13:15 Jesus plainly states: '...for I gave you an example that you should also do as I did for you...'

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank You Lord for setting an example for us to follow. Thank You for giving us children to train up in Your image. Lord I pray that I am the best daddy I can be. Help me to train up Connor, Elijah, and the little one on the way to be just like You.

Oh it is such a joy and a blessing to be a parent...! I love You Lord. -And I give this day to You.

Lord I ask a special blessing on my tennis tournament today. I pray for good weather and good behavior from the kids and parents. I pray for safety for the participants traveling to and from Columbia Lakes today.

God thank You for an opportunity to impact many others today. And I pray these things in Jesus' name, Amen...!




No comments: