Monday, June 16, 2008

Prayer for our Country

I was watching the early show this morning on television and saw the report that at 5 PM today Gay Couples in California can can legally get married. I am shocked and saddened at this turn of events. America keeps slipping further and further down a slippery slope.

What can I do about what's happening in California...? Well, first of all I can (and must) PRAY. Everyone in America who loves and fears the Lord must pray. What happens in California will eventually effect all the states.

What else can I do...? Well, I can and must do everything within my sphere of influence to effect change or at least make my stand known. I can write letters to law makes. I can Blog about it. I can Talk to people. This an opportunity to share my faith.

Dear Heavenly Father, Lord this situation is bigger than me, but it's not bigger than YOU. Father God I stand in the gap for America today. I am NOT OK with the liberal direction that our country is moving in. As a nation we continually gravitate towards a lifestyle similar to Sodom and Gomorrah.

Father God, I am aware that I have a role in all this. I need to share my faith to those around me. Help me to take a stand for TRUTH. Help me to take a stand for what is RIGHT. Help me to make a difference today!

I love You Lord. I give this day to You. And I pray these things in Jesus' Name, Amen.

2 comments:

Monica Chadwell said...

Amen, Sweetie!! I'm with you all the way! ;-)

The American Family Association and Family Research Council are two great organizations for people to easily voice their concerns on this issue and many others.

Judy Ohlemacher said...

Sam, the majority of Californians including myself and my husband feel just as you do. There will be a measure on our November ballot to undo what the state supreme court has done. In the meanwhile there are county clerks in California who are refusing to do these ceremonies.