Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Exodus 16:21

...They gathered manna every morning....

God provided for His people in the dessert every single morning. He didn't give them a storehouse of food. They had to depend upon Him every single day for their sustenance. And so must you and I. We must trust Our Lord and Savior each day to be the Great Big God he is. Providing for His people in the dessert is just one of the many examples the bible records of God's faithfulness to His children.

I have a word this morning that God will do the same for me and my family. I should not expect to 'get rich' any time soon, but I can and should expect a steady flow of God's daily blessing and rest secure in the fact that He is Good and will meet all my family's needs. I will seek Him daily with eager expectation of his wondrous provision.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank You Lord for our Daily Bread. I love You and will trust in You. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.

1 comment:

Monica Chadwell said...

I love this story about God's provision through Manna, but there's another side too. The Israelites had to rise every morning to collect it, and if they hadn't done so early it would evaporate and be gone. Manna was a form of sweet bread, and of course, Christ is our Bread of Life. So, this story isn't only about God's provision for us, but yes, true dependency in seeking Him. We must seek Him first, through His Word, early ... every day. Otherwise, our time for spiritual nourishment that will not only carry us, but prepare us, as ambassadors to carry out God's will ... will pass. To be in God's will, we must fill up on Him and His Word every day ... early.

Thank you for a wonderful post, Sweetie. So true, and so important.