Monday, October 20, 2008

Praying For America

Friends, America is dying. And I believe we have little time left as a country as we know it. My family and I are committed to interceding in prayer for America every day for the rest of our lives. Won't You join us...?

The bible says in 2 Chronicles 7:14 "If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

There are a lot of 'BIG IF's' in that verse.

We must do these things:

  • Be Humble
  • Pray in earnest
  • Seek God
  • Repent from sin

We are by heritage 'God's People'. Our fore-fathers founded this country on biblical principles and ideals. I have definitely fallen asleep (along with millions of other American Christians) and allowed the enemy to creep in and build a strongholds against the very foundational principles this country was founded upon. I am some of those people who need to wake up and turn from their wicked ways spoken of in 2 Chronicles.

Thank You Lord that I am awake now while there is still time to effect change to save our way of life. Lord I stand in the gap for America this morning.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord, America has slipped far from the ideals of it's founding fathers. I thank You for burdening me with the desire to stand up for America and defend her with prayer. Father God on behalf of America, I'm sorry. I ask You to please spare our nation for a little longer in order to correct some of the great wrongs and injustice's we've committed as a country. Father I pray for this upcoming election, the most important election of my life.

I pray for Holy Spirit prompting on the hearts of all Christians to get out and vote for the candidate and the platform that is pro-Life, pro-Family, and pro Israel. Father God, there is only one candidate whose platform lines up that way so there really is only one choice for true Christians to make.

And Lord I lift up myself as well this morning. I need change in my life just like America, does too. I am not humble, Lord. I definitely do not pray enough or seek You enough. And have I truly repented from sin...? If that means to not sin any more, then I still have some work to do in that area as well.

But Lord I do desperately want change. I know that change starts from within, so I offer myself, my life to You as a sacrifice, Lord. Father, for the sake of my wife and family, everything I hold dear, I lay it all down for You. You said You will not hear the prayers of Your people until certain criteria are met. Help me meet that criteria, my King.

I love You, Lord. And I love America. This is my country. This is my home. I'm on my knees for America, Lord. Father I pray that You will still bless America for a little while longer.

I give today to You Lord. All that I am and will be I offer to You. My life is not my own. It is Yours, Jesus. And I pray these things in Your precious holy name, AMEN.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Coach Sam & family!
We are praying with You.
We love U.S.A.
Regards,
Riitta & co.