Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Steady Diet of Fruit... Galatians 5:22-23

I'm on a fruit diet.... Fruit of the spirit, that is....!

The Fruits listed in Galatians 5:22-23 are as follows: Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness and Self-Control... There's even a Fruit of Spirit song to help us remember this verse...

Patience, especially with family members and co workers comes hard for me. And self control, especially where eating is concerned is difficult for me as well.

But one day at a time I just acknowledge how weak I am and how strong God is and I just rest in His strength.



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank You Lord for the sweet-tasting Fruits of the Spirit. Father God I am deficient in several of my fruits and I just humbly ask You to help me in the areas where I fall short. Help me especially with matters of my family, Lord. Help me to be more patient, more forgiving, and more loving. Oh Lord and help me to impact my workplace for You. I have been running from opportunity after opportunity. It's time I take a stand for what is true, good, and right, not run and avoid the challenge. Lord today I just ask for continued help in those areas. Enable me to be an influencer in my daily circle of encounters.

And of course Lord, let me not forget to pray for America. I awakened again with a sense of urgency for America this morning. I pray today that Christians around the country wake up and begin to take an active part in government, especially the voting process.

It's black and white for me. I have to vote for a political platform that supports an unborn baby's right to life. I have to vote for traditional family values. I pray for Christians everywhere to base their voting decision on those criteria. 'Life' and 'Family' are more important issues than anything else. Oh, there are other issues, but Life and Family are 'deal breakers' for me, Lord. And I know they are for You, too.

Father God, I love you and I offer my day up to You. Help me to be about Your business, Lord and nothing else. I stand in the Gap for America today, Lord. Father I pray that You continue to bless America. -And enable this country to continue to be a blessing to others.

I pray these things this morning in the Power of the Greatest Name ever spoken: Jesus Christ...!

Amen.

No comments: