Tuesday, November 18, 2008

America, Are You getting enough to eat...?

I would dare say that very few Americans will go hungry today. -Or thirsty, for that matter. But in other parts of the world food is scarce and clean drinking water is rare. I know that I take these every day conveniences for granted at times because it's been over twenty years since I've been exposed to famine and/or poverty during my travels abroad.

Now, let's look at the title of my article from a spiritual perspective... Are we getting enough to eat 'spiritually'...? I don't think I am... I'm in The Word a little bit each day but I'd call my spiritual nourishment routine a little better than a 'starvation diet'

I believe God desires, expects, and deserves better treatment than that. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life...

He is the Bread of Life....

Is there any BREAD of Life in your diet...?

If so, are You willing to share some of that bread with others around you, or are you willing to sit there and watch them starve to death spiritually...?

My wife and I rescued a dog from the side of the road a few months ago. That poor dog had been abandoned and was starving. It was literally a skeleton with fur pulled over it. We couldn't bear to see that poor animal suffer.

But how many of the people in our lives are suffering spiritually because we can't 'see' their ribs...? The results of our recent presidential election prove that the majority of America is malnourished spiritually.

I feel like I'm just 'rambling' this morning, but hopefully these words will mean something to somebody who reads this blog today.

I stand in the Gap for America today. And with each passing day I feel a stronger call to make more of a difference in the lives around me, my sphere of influence.

I want to change the world as best I can and make it a better place for Elijah and Connor.

1 comment:

Judy Ohlemacher said...

Actually, Sam, today's newspaper reported that almost 700,000 children went hungry in America in the past year, up more than 50 percent from the year before and the highest since 1998.